- Registration Date 2021-12-21
- Hit 365
□ Ministry of Food and Drug Safety (MFDS, Minister Kim Ganglip) announced issuance and distribution of English e-Newsletter for Foreign Testing Laboratory (“FTL”) on December 15th 2021.
The e-Newsletter is to provide information on policies and other relevant updates regarding testing and inspection of the imported food products to Korea.
○ MFDS started regularly issuing e-Newsletter to 60 FTLs overseas and 8 embassies of FTLs in Korea on a yearly basis since 2012. It is to secure food safety of the imported food products
by enhancing the understanding of Korea’s testing and inspection system.
* MFDS designates/manages FTLs to secure food safety of the imported food products with simplifying import inspection and customs procedures for quality assurance
* Designated FTLs : 60 FTLs from 8 different countries (China 28, Vietnam 12, Thailand 8, India 5, U.S.A 4, France 1, Australia 1, Taiwan 1)
○ Main contents of e-Newsletter include: ▲Testing·Inspection Policy Trends and Current Status of FTL Quality Assurance Evaluation ▲Amendments and Revisions of 「Standards and Specification for Foods」 and 「Test Methods for Foods」 ▲List of Imported Foods subject to Orders to Undergo Inspection ▲Guidance and Q&A about Testing and Inspection System including FTL
□ MFDS promised its ongoing and utmost efforts to maintain active communication and cooperative relationship with FTLs, and believes the e-Newsletter helps FTLs on performing testing and inspection of the imported foods.
Written by 윤종민